Thursday, October 05, 2006

R.I.P.

My high end sewing machine ain't so high end anymore. It's now obsolete and the repair shop can not get the part they need to fix it. So it's officially D.O.A.

I'm not happy. I realize that the machine is about 10 years old, but it should still be repairable. It was never my "dream" machine, but it was the most expensive machine I ever bought. I'm having a big issue with the idea that they can't get a part. In all my years of sewing (and with my mother having a sewing shop that offered machine repair), I don't ever remember a machine not being repairable.

Because I have a back up machine, we won't be buying me a new one anytime soon. I mean it's not like a racing bike after all.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:55 PM

    *sniffle* That's very sad. :(

    But how will you finish the buttonholes on your pajamas? I know how important a good buttonhole feature is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Can you contact the company about this? Maybe your repairperson just isn't knowledgeable enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! That happened to me with a 10-yr old machine too. I think they should be able to repair them forever. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that Cindy. :-(

    Can you call other repair shops? How about finding out what part you need and look for it online?

    Too bad it's not a bike- it would have been replaced yesterday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooo sorry about your sewing machine:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow! Do you know what the part is (number, machine model, etc...)? There is a shop near here and the owner buys old machines for parts. Let me know if you want me to check.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.