Thursday, September 21, 2006

Procrastination

I am the Queen of Procrastination.

When in college I had a professor who assigned a painting a week. They had to be dry. Ya, well, oil paintings take a while to dry, so it's best not to do them the night before they're due... unless you get very creative with fixative. Ya, I bought that stuff by the case. I would find anything else to do other than the project that I needed to get done.

Anyway, I still have this problem. I have a handful of things I need to get done, so I'm finding other things to do... like starting new projects:

click to enlarge

The Diamond Fantasy Shawl. This is a pretty sweet pattern. Easy to do. Nice sized charts and the edging is knit as you go. Love it. The yarn is the Fearless Fiber yarn that I just love. I will say that the yarn is a little closer to sport weight to fingering weight. Which is great for socks, however the Diamond Fantasy is in either lace or fingering weight, so it is going to be a wee bit bulkier than the pattern calls for. That's just fine with me... especially since I'm using lace for the Shoalwater Shawl:

click to enlarge


So I felt guilty that I hadn't been working on the Shoalwater (especially since I had to frog back the bind off for Nicole and her's is just lovely). So I worked away a few rows on it yesterday. Then I realized that I started on the wrong row on the chart and had to frog back all the work I did on it yesterday. So while I spent some quality time with it, there is zero progress!!

Since Lauren finished her latest project on Friday (ya, she does nice work, no?) I should feel inspired to finish at least one of my projects...

Oh, and by the way... the lastest Ratchet and Clank game that I was all excited about bites. It sooooo sucks it's not even funny. To say I'm disappointed in an understatement. The first 3 games in the series were so much fun, but the 4th is like a Jak and Dexter game and so not my taste (please game developers, let me change the controls... or I can't play your game). Oh well, just gives me more time to knit, right?

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Beautiful shawls! Some knitting days are two steps forward, two back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.