Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Still nothing to see here...

... but this time it's not camera related.

I spent all day yesterday on gift projects, so not only can I not show progress pictures, I also can't talk about what I did.

Yep that's right, the summer is winding down, fall is approaching and before you know it, Christmas will be here. I don't do a lot of gift making, as my experience is that it's not worth the work. (my favorite is the reason why Na Craga sits in a closet: it's too nice to wear around the house, but it's too warm to wear out). So I'm very particular to only make projects for people that I think are going to appreciate (and use) my handmade gift. This list is fairly short. I also usually don't do surprise knitting. I want the recipient to like the project (and in case you're wondering: Na Craga was not a surprise. The pattern and yarn choice was approved before I started knitting it). Matt always knows what his hand knit sweaters (or more likely vests) are going to be. He always signs off on the yarn and pattern, and I work on it in front of him.

So I'll still have progress to report on my own projects (and the Natural Beauty Fair Isle will hopefully be done before Christmas for Matt), but I do want to get my gift knitting done, so I'm not all stressed out in November.

Off to the grocery store today (woo.hoo.)
Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    I've learned to do the same thing at Christmas - only make gifts for those who I kinow will use/like the gift. The mall-ite crowd get boughten gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.