Argh, now I can't upload pictures on my blog today. Dang, that means I have to manually type in the code. Fun!
Matt and I have moved into the 21st century. We've had a cell phone (emphasis on "a"). It was the cheapest plan you could get, we shared the phone and it had no minutes. Basically it was an emergency phone only.
That's not going to cut it any more. We've both become busy in the social life department and each needed our own phone. We've been talking about upgrading for a while, but never got around to it. Until the cell phone died. Time to upgrade.
We spent the week trying to upgrade the service we had, with no luck. So strike the old package (I think Verizon was thrilled to get rid of that contract) and new service was set up. It all came yesterday and I am now the proud owner of my very own cell phone.
So I spent yesterday figuring out how to use it (sorta... still have some things to figure out) and putting in phone numbers. So not a lot of knitting got done.
However, I'm just about to start the toe shaping on the second Slip Stitch Sock in the Claudia Handpaints: The color is a little closer to the real thing, but the greens didn't show up that well.
I had several comments about the slip stitch pattern. It's very very easy. It's worked over 5 stitches: K2, (sl1, K4), to last 3 stitches of round, sl1, K2, knit one round even. It moves quickly and I think it really works well with hand dyed yarns.
So I'll finish that up today then work on something else. It's gotten muggy again so the Silver Creek Gansey might have to wait (now that the body is done and the first sleeve is almost done, all that wool in my lap is a wee bit warm). I'll probably work on something small.