Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Knitting One Inch At A Time

Not much new to report...

A few more inches on the Natural Beauty Fair Isle, with just a few more to go before I split for the armholes.

The big news? I have one whole repeat done on the Shoalwater Shawl!!! 3.5 more repeats to go! No problem right?

Oh, and I've got to frog back at least 2 rows on the Landscape Shawl. I screwed up a yarn over and I can't fix it by laddering down. Hrumph. So it's off the needles.

I then proceeded to steal those needles for the Shoalwater Shawl. I was using Bates on the Shoalwater and I was constantly struggling with slidding the yarn. I was using Addi's on the Landscape. Well, the Addis are working so much better with the Shoalwater! Hopefully I won't have issues with the Bates on the Landscape (a lot less "lace" on that one, so let's hope, eh?)

I did break down and order some of the Knitpicks needles... just some of the smaller gauge (I've got my eye on an Alice Starmore Gansey pattern) a size 6 (we might give it a try for the Shoalwater, too) and a pair of dpn's. We'll see. I'm a "pusher" so I'm worried about the sharp points, but there are times when I need those sharper points. It I like them, I'll probably get the entire set.

Well, today is one of the few days this week that I've go no social activity going on... but I do have to make a grocery run. Let's see if I can get the fair isle to the armholes?

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Good luck with the fair isle. I hate missing those yarn overs too; it always means ripping back, though it sounds like it had some positive return in the needle switch.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.