Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday's Post

Ya, not the most exciting blog entry. I actually had a little rant going today defending video games after reading the Yarn Harlot's blog (specifically some of the comments), but decided that it's just too early for that kind of thing. I also know that once people make up their mind, my opinion isn't going to change theirs.

All I will say is that I love playing my video games, and yes, the Kinetic game is fun, but I don't think it's a good workout... for those looking for a good interactive workout (and less wonky to use than the Eye Toy... which is frustrating with the camera at times), go look at Yourself!Fitness. I've been using it for almost 2 years now (I bought it as soon as it came out for my Xbox) and you can see the results over at my Fitness Park blog). Yourself!Fitness is a more traditional workout (no camera required) with aerobics and weight training (and some yoga workouts to boot). It's random steps, so you don't do the exact same workout everytime. Maya (the personal trainer on the Y!F) is much more positive than the Kinetics game (which actually punishes you for missed targets, etc). No Thanks, I'd rather someone tell me I'm doing well then "oh you need to try harder next time".

Anyway, I keep that kind of stuff for my fitness blog. This is my knitting blog, right?

I don't feel like dealing with pictures today, so I'll just give an update on current projects.

I'm cruising along on the second sleeve for the Silver Creek Gansey. Ya, how often have I said that? I've started the decreases and I hope to have this baby done by the end of the weekend.

See, I told you it was a boring blog today...

Have a great weekend and Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    you have to show me that someday I'd love to try it! -ndv from cyberbrain cafe, nj ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:16 AM

    Sounds like you had a rough start to your day...hope that it gets better!

    I think we're in the black hole of knitting right now, knitting but not feeling like you are making much progress.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole: I love Y!F... it's great working out at home so I don't have that whole "my legs aren't shaved, so I can't go to the gym" excuse... however, if the Halo disk is already in, I may say, hmmm, just one level, then I'll workout.

    Debby: I was just feeling a wee bit defensive this morning (hmmm, maybe I should wait until after coffee to read blogs? :D I have two hobbies: knitting and playing video games and I don't like them being judged. Anyway, it sure beats crack (and almost cheaper). Or golf.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.