Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tired of the old camera

Still waiting for my camera to come back from Cannon. So the krappy pictures continue.

First thanks to everyone that left me such nice comments about the Rose Leaf Pullover. Let me say that I wore it yesterday and it's just what I wanted... with one minor flaw. Handwashing. I'm sooo lazy about sweater care. If it were machine wash/dryable it would be perfect. However, it's pretty enough to be worth the work of handwashing (and trust me: Cotton Fleece is not machine washable. Been there, done that).

As with any completion of a project, I always flounder a bit with what to concentrate on. So I spent Tuesday just sort of cycling from project to project until something struck my fancy. I found two that seem to hit the bill.

One is the recent start with the Crystal Palace Deco Ribbon. I'm using a pattern from the Summer 1999 issue of Knitter's. I was halfway done with the front, but it was way off on gauge and it was too stiff... so up a needle size and here's the result:



It's a fast knit, but I've changed some of the design features a bit. There's a garter section that I just didn't like, so I ripped back and tried it with st. st. Didn't like that. Now I'm just continuing the slip stitch pattern and we'll see how that goes.

I'm not 100% sure it's me, but the colors are so pretty and it's such a fast knit that I'm going to finish it and decide after it's done.

The other project that I ended up working on is my Scoop du Jour:



This falls into the catagory: not fun to knit (yawn), but I know I'll get a lot of wear from it. I'm at the back neck shaping. It's just plain boring st. st. Not my idea of fun. The yarn (Cara Mia) is so soft to work with, and I'm keeping the finished sweater as my goal. Even if I only work on it while taking a break from more complex projects, I know I'm going to love this sweater.

I'm also still working on a couple of pairs of socks: Matt's Retro Rib sock, which is too short in the toe, so I've got to frog that back and add about a half inch or so to the toe, and I'm still working on the Opal Cotton sock.

Lot's to do so I'm off! Thanks again for all the comments on the Rose Leaf Pullover.

Happy Knitting!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Deco Vest...and the Stitch pattern looks neat!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.