I'm not quite done with Scoop du Jour. I finished seaming it up yesterday and got the buttonbands done. I then tried to pick up the stitches for the neckband.
I struggle a lot with this. This is the thing that I really really don't do well with my knitting. Part of it is how I do my edges and part of it is the actual picking up of the stitches.
So after the first attempt, I ripped it out as it looked really sloppy and I had holes. The second was better, but I still wasn't happy. This sweater is simple, so neatness counts. I continued along and debated if I wanted to keep going. I even thought about doing the band seperately then sewing it on...
However, I put it down last night, and it's not as bad this morning as I thought it was. So I'll go ahead and finish up the band today.
I will also add that I'm not thrilled with my button placement. The directions were a bit vague here (just the usual place 5 buttonholes evenly spaced kinda thing). This isn't actually true, as there are 6 buttons, with the top one on the neckband. So the top two buttons are closer together than the rest of 'em. I'm trying to convince myself this is a design feature (and I browsed thru a lot of finished Scoops around the web, and it's a pretty common thing to see). So I'll try to live with it...
Anyway, it will be done today.
Just need to finish up the neckband, weave in the rest of the ends and sew on the buttons.
Then I get to work on something else. Woo-Hoo!