Monday, March 16, 2009

Progress Report

Just a quick update with some photos of some projects that I've been workong on here and there (not a complete list... I'm cycling thru about 5 projects right now, but these are photo worthy)>

First up, something new... sorta. Since I was looking for some instant gratification (and the socks didn't quite achieve that for me), I thought.... Hmmm, Hey Teach is a fun quick pattern... and wouldn't it look nice with long sleeves and in a favorite (discontinued of course) yarn:


That's "Hey Cara Mia!" I love Cara Mia and since it's been discontinued, I'm very picky about what I use it for. Since I know I like how this pattern looks on me, and with some mods, it's going to be very different than my first one.

As I said, I'll be doing long sleeves and I added about 4" to the skirt to make it less cropped. The back is done and the left front is just about at the waist ribbing. Such a fast knit... will be a good instant gratification project. Plus I should get some wear out of it this spring.

And speaking of waist ribbing...


Amelia is also at the waist ribbing. Can I just say "YUM!" on this one too. I'm using some Brooks Fiber Mas Acero and it's perfect for this pattern. The colors look great and the drape... what can I say???? I also added some length to the "skirt" on this and I'll be making the sleeves shorter than the pattern. Love this pattern (and I'm starting to get a little obsessed with the designer [Ravelry Link]. Love her patterns!!!).

Okay... must run. Meeting Julie for a little yarn shopping/lunch today!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty things! Hope to see you soon, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.