Monday, February 02, 2009
Theresa's Central Park Hoodie
There is a reason this has been such a popular pattern. It works up fast and it's easy. Let's do some project stats, eh?
Pattern: Central Park Hoodie
Yarn: Kathmandu Aran
Problems with the pattern: none that I can remember. I used the downloaded pattern from Interweave, and so I think any errors had been corrected.
Changes to the pattern: Added a zipper to the front and continued the cabled pattern up the crown of the hood (like Cassidy).
Overall Impressions: An easy, fast and fun knit. I really enjoy working with the Kathmandu Aran. There are some drawbacks (I used the yarn for seaming, and made extra work for myself because of it. Should've used a stonger, smoother yarn). It does grow. Since Theresa is 7" taller than me, I have no clue on how it's going to fit her. I followed the schematics for sleeve length (and they seem really really long on my short arms!). I do want to make one of these for me, as not only is it a fun knit, I think it's a very wearable project.
I will try to get a modeled photo of this on Theresa... as my dress form is not the most flattering model.
So I'm well on my way to reach my goal, with a good average right now! 21 more projects to finish this year! I'm hoping to get my Summer Braids done this week. Plus I'm trying to get some more stash into Ravelry (which is becoming old. How much more can there possibly be. I'm not so sure I want to know).
Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Squeeeee! thank you, thank you, thank you! It's beautiful...and again...Thank you! :-)ReplyDelete