Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Year in Review #2

So what else did I finish this year?

Today we'll look back at the lovely Cables and Rib Cardigan:


This one is a mixed result. A bad yarn sub, as the sweater is really really warm and the acrylic didn't really work well for the pattern (tho' it would make a lovely afghan). I do wear this around the house since it's so frickin' cold! but this is definitely a must knit again, in a different yarn. I love the cable and rib stitch and I love the styling of this cardigan. I smell a Cascade 220 version down the road.

Here's an other perfect cold weather sweater:


Mr. Greenjeans is a great pattern (and beautifully written... what a delight to knit). This is an other project I would definitely knit again... and use the proper weight yarn. While I was easily able to adjust to the 4 sts to the inch that I was getting, it's a wee bit bulky. Nice and warm, but I would love one in a less bulky yarn. I'm finding that the heavier weight yarns, while are great to knit, are a little more cumbersome to wear (they get in my way).

Now this sweater for Matt was a fun project to knit, but had some struggles with how to adjust it to suit him. The pattern is written for women, and the neckband simply looked horrible on him. I frogged that off, and went with a no neckband option. Ugh. Fixed it to look like this during my Olympics Fix-it Challenge:


It's now a favorite sweater. I knit the Cotton Ease at a really tight gauge and he loves this sweater. I love the way the folded turtleneck looks. Matt says it's a cozy comfortable sweater.It's a head turner that's for sure (and before anyone leaves me a comment about the pattern... sorry, but I'm not done with it yet, so I'm not selling it).

Today's last entry is my Must Have Cardigain (or as I called it: Cindy Must Knit This Cardigan):


This is the absolutely perfect cardigan. It's warm. It's pretty. It's a lovely shade of green. The Black Water Abbey yarn is so stunning in person (I should try to get a better photo). It's a shame that this pattern is written for such tiny bodies, but upsizing it wasn't too bad via gauge. I would absolutely knit this again (maybe in a cotton/acrylic blend for a very different looking sweater).

Oh, that was a good stretch there. All successes... with maybe the exception of the Cables & Rib. However, I do wear it, so it's not a disaster... more of a "neutral" result.

Actually, this was a good idea. I'm feeling like things aren't going well with my knitting right now. It's nice to remember projects that were fun to knit and are getting good usage, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    That's the absolute best thing to do when you're in a knitting slump :) Blog like this and then go and look at your projects on Rav!!! You have a very impressive page there!!
    Happy Knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year! Many beautiful things-- even the less loved items are beautifully done. Looks like a fun year to me!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.