Monday, July 14, 2008

Weather Appropriate Knitting

So, let's see... it's mid-July. The temps are in the upper 80's with a little touch of high humidity (actually, it's raining right now and it feels very pleasant). So like any obsessed knitter, I can't put down the cabled wool sweater for Matt:

Staghorn in Wool of the Andes
click to enlarge

OMG, I can't freakin' stop knitting it. I've adjusted how I sit so it doesn't sit in my lap (as... it's a wee bit on the warm side).

I'm better than halfway done on the back. I'll do the sleeves next leaving the front for last.

I will say that I did color adjust the photos quite a bit... the camera doesn't pick up the greenness of the yarn at all, making the sweater look very gray. However, the yarn is one of the reasons I'm loving this so much. Let's look at an other photo:

Staghorn in Wool of the Andes
click to enlarge


Ya, guess what I'll be doing today. I think I'll wait til Gena's done shedding to vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.