Sunday, May 11, 2008

A quick update before bed...

I just cast off the neckband for Matt's Gedifra sweater, and the neckband isn't working. The pattern has you continue the cables up the neckband, but it's just not sitting right on him (plus it flares out and looks a little "frilly" for a guy sweater). So while I theoritically finished it by my self imposed deadline, it needs a little tweaking.

As for the rest of the sweater? He's thrilled. The fit is perfect (including sleeve length, one of his priorities). The pattern is interesting and unsual and the fabric has a great density (and is next to skin soft... an other priority). So tomorrow, I'll frog back and redo the neckband to just a simple 3X3 mock turtleneck. Shouldn't take long.

As for my other current project? I'm working on Mermaid's first sleeve. The good news is that I'm almost halfway done with it, the bad news is that it seems small... really small. My gauge should be the same as the body (I'm using the same needles), but these seem short and not very wide. Hopefully it's just a "blocking" thing (wool and garter should block well, right?).

So it's a good news/bad news kind of day. I was really hoping to go to bed with a project off the needles, but it'll have to wait til tomorrow... just like the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.