Monday, May 19, 2008

Procrastination

I minored in procrastination when I was in college. It's actually quite productive. When I'm avoiding something I don't want to do, I get a lot done. I vacuum. I do laundry. I clean out the fridge. I work on other projects...

Vanna's Tote Bag
click to enlarge

I started this tote bag last year. It's a simple crochet bag (free pattern from Lion Brand) to be done in cotton. Well, I had some Vanna's Choice and thought it would make a nice sturdy bag. Got so far, and put it aside to do other things. While procrastinating on my second sleeve for the Cindy Must Knit This Cardigan, I decided a little crochet would be a nice break. Within a day I had it almost done (I have one large pocket to finish). I still will have to line it and seam it up, but it's going to be a nice little tote bag when finished.

But I can only procrastinate so much... and I did get the second sleeve to the sleeve cap yesterday. So today will be the day... to figure out the right ratio of decreases to get this cap to fit. I did block the fronts and back over the weekend, so I can also seam up the shoulders and get the front ribbing on. That's not really procrastinating... since I'm working on the same project, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.