Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Can You Stand It???

Okay, I know this a complete tease... but my Cindy Must Knit This Cardigan is all done (sans buttons). Blocked, seamed, steamed... ready for the fall (sans buttons). Of course Matt goes to the office one day a week... Wednesday. So no modeled pic. I'll try to get one on my dressform later today (with buttons), but it won't show the masterpiece that is my sleeve cap.

Yep, my sleeve cap worked beautifully. I know you're asking me how I did it. Well, I took my 16 years of knitting experience, my life time of sewing... and guessed. Bwahahaha! I realize that's not the most productive way of doing it, but I came to the conclusion that I really enjoy knitting and hate doing math, so why not just do a little trial and error? Ya, well I know I got lucky, but it was sort of an educated guess.

So if anyone wants to make the Must Have Cardigan in a 44" finished size (I'll have to recheck my final measurements for that... I do know that my finished sleeve width was 15") I'll post how I did it via gauge. It's not that hard, as the only real math change is the sleeve cap and I'll write out my decreases.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. The sleeves are waaaay too long. I'm not sure I'm going to change that. Longer sleeves are sorta in style anyway and I don't really want to chop off the cable at the bottom.

Full project stats and photos to come... I promise.

Meanwhile... I'm still in this odd "get as much done as I can" mode and I'm working on Matt's Sampler Cardigan (ya, I'll get an updated photo of it too... yikes!). Again, I just have the sleeves to finish... well now just one and a half sleeves. Got a lot done on the first sleeve yesterday.

Right now, I'm off to dig thru the button box for my Must Have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.