Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Scarf Insanity

A non-knitter will look at this scarf and say: "You could just go buy a scarf for like $5. Why would you spend $27 on yarn to then have to knit it? That's insane!"

A knitter would say "Why would you knit a 1X1 rib scarf on US1.5 needles? That's insane!"

Ya, that sums up this scarf. And so totally worth it!

Project Stats:

Pattern: I cast on 72 sts and knit 1X1 rib until I was out of yarn. On size US1.5 needles. (oh, and it's a tubular cast on/off)

Yarn: White Birches Fiber 80/20 fingering weight in Diamondback colorway (she didn't have Red Sox and Julie bought the last Fat Elvis colorway).

Problems with the pattern: uh, no. Actually having a mindless project to pick up and just knit was quite handy. The self striping hand dyed yarn makes for an interesting knit (with mini-goals)

Overall impressions: He loves it (as a matter of fact he's wearing it right now). It's a shortish/lightweight neck warmer. I did get the same colorway in a DK to make a matching hat. If I were to do an other (and I might) I would either cast on fewer stitches or get two skeins just so it's a bit longer. However: this is how he's been wearing it:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.