Friday, September 05, 2014

Finish Friday: CCTC

I finally got the zipper sewn in for the Can't Clean Toilets in Cashmere cardigan.

Not the best job ever, but for what this cardigan is targeted for, it's just fine!

I did end up with a heavier zipper than I wanted (drawback of online ordering... but it's not like they have any kind of zipper selection at Joann's). It'll do, and the blue is surprisingly a decent match (I had ordered a grey zipper just in case).

The pattern (Ribby Cardi by Chic Knits) is a favorite for a reason. This might be finished number 6 or so? I might need a break from it (or at least the next one will have buttons. I might just need a break from sewing in zippers... and I have two more to go!)

 Project Stats!

Pattern: Ribby Cardi by Bonne Marie Burns (the most knit pattern here at le Knitting Park)

Yarn: Red Heart Super Tweed

Changes to the pattern: well, I changed where I did my raglan decreases so that I ened up with a moving rib. My gauge was a little larger than the pattern, as I needed the extra room.

Problems with the pattern: uh, ya, there's a reason I've knit this a billion times. So no. No problems with the pattern.

Overall impressions: this is the type of project that reminds me that I am an equal opportunity yarn consumer. It's a Red Heart yarn. It's acrylic. The yarns snobs are gasping in horror. However, I can't (or want to) always wear high maintenance sweaters. This is for those chilly days that I don't have to worry about keeping it clean. It can be tossed into the washer and dryer. I looooove the colors (that blues is just stunning and I bought more of the grey for Matt).





So I have Suzy Too! to get a zipper in yet plus one of my earlier Ribbys. However, one zipper at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.