Sunday, February 23, 2014

Seemed like a good idea at the time


Let's face it: it's been a harsh winter. Everyone is tired of the snow, the ice, the freezing temps (and losing power is never fun). We all cope the best we know how.

I decided to remind myself that spring will be here... eventually. Since it's my turn to have a finished project (I'm trying to alternate finished for Matt, then me) I went thru my WIP's and found this cute cropped cotton blend cardigan (a favorite pattern: third time I've knit it. I might be thinking of an other in wool).

When I stashed it away, I had the fronts done and the back better than half way done. The back is just moss stitch, and I got bored. Well, Olympics hockey and moss stitch actually work really well together and I got the back done fairly quickly.

As usual, the first sleeve wasn't too bad. I love the staghorn cable (it's easy and I don't need a cable needle). Now I have just a few more inches on the second sleeve. That means it's almost done. I mean I have less than 4" to knit. There are no front bands, so there's also not a lot of finishing. Yet I am slogging!

I'm tired of white. White snow. White fog. White ice. White yarn. I should've chosen a project that is wildly colored!!!

Normally I would say "next project will have a bright color!", but since I'm alternating between projects for me and Matt, he's up next. He's sorta anti-color. Certainly nothing bright. So it will have to wait for the next next project!

Meanwhile spring will eventually get here... and I will have a white cardigan ready for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.