Tuesday, January 28, 2014


This is a cardi I started for myself based on an Anthropologie cardigan. It's exactly what I've been looking for for around the house. I love the heathered grey with a bright contrast. I like the casual fit and the neckband styling. Plus who doesn't love pockets! Looks like a fun easy knit that I could do a little math and come up with something for me!

I had a bunch of yarn leftover from my Can't Clean Toilets in Cashmere cardi (that has it's own issues and is in a timeout until I fix the neckband) so decided to use that.

The pattern stitch is different from the inspiration cardi, as I didn't want to do the shaker rib of the original (time consuming and it does eat a lot of yarn). Ack! That means math, measuring, and an accurate gauge! Okay, did that. Cast on and it flew off the needles.

As the picture shows, I have the back done. However there is a huge issue: my butt. I don't normally make sweaters this long and I underestimated how much ease I would need. I want this to hang loosely and it's not going to do that with the size I decided on.

So I do think the stitch pattern works, I love the heathered grey and I like the blue. However, since I have to do a complete restart anyway, I'm debating if I should change up the contrast color.

Hmmm... I think it's an other project headed for a timeout while I knit on one of Matt's projects where these kinds of issues don't seem to appear. Well, at least as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.