Saturday, November 17, 2012

Measure Twice, Knit Once?

I'm just a wee bit tired of working the body on Matt's Hybrid. I finally decided to dig out his Ike, a well fitting cardigan (with a similar sleeve construction) to see if my body was long enough.

It is. Overshot by two inches. Uh.hu. Might have wanted to check that before I went completely insane with the garter rib. Awesome!

Oh well, it is what it is. It's a jacket. I still have almost 4 complete skeins of yarn, so I don't think I'll run short. (and being the optimistic knitter that I am, I still have visions of patch pockets on the front: yarn permitting).

Now comes the fun part: the math of sleeve shaping. Oh and the decreases on the wrong side. The Seamless Hybrid is designed to be knit in the round (and steeked for cardigans), but I don't mind decreases on the wrong side and I knew this pattern stitch was easy to work flat (and no steeking).

So now I get to do more of the body stitch, broken up with some sleeve shaping and some st. st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.