Monday, August 09, 2010

Radiate Fern

Woo-hoo! An other FO... and I LOVE it!


I have a minor... okay, MAJOR obsession with Elann's Adara. Not sure why, but I love it. I started this pattern the Adara in Teaberry, but I was worried that I wouldn't have enough, so I recast it on with Fern.


The pattern was inspired by my friend Julie who is also knitting it (in TLC Heather... with longer sleeves. Ya, who wants to bet that I end up casting that on too?)

A great pattern/yarn combo to be sure... so glad I didn't rip back the Teaberry version, as I'm totally planning on finishing it (but I might just do little cap sleeves). Especially since I know I have enough yarn!

Project Stats:

Pattern: Radiate by Helene Rush (who is quickly becoming a favorite designer. How many Hey Teach's have I knit?)

Yarn: Elann Adara in Fern

Problems with the pattern: none. as expected. Ms. Rush knows what she's doing.

Changes to the pattern: only made 4" sleeves (we'll call that more of an impatience factor than a design change). Worked the sleeves in the round rather than flat.

Overall impressions: Love it! The color. The yarn. The pattern. The marled yarn works well with the slip stitch pattern. It was fun to knit and I love how it fits. A staple pattern to be (especially since the Teaberry one is already cast on... heehee).

It feels good to have happy project for me. Seems like it's been a while since I've been happy with a sweater for me in a while. Might be just what I needed (and thanks to Julie for the inspiration!)

5 comments:

  1. I love that sweater and I usually don't like raglans. Must go get some yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:58 AM

    You love it. I love it. What a great little sweater. You did an excellent job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sweater! I always liked that Adara shawl that Elann has on it's website... This sweater is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.