Monday, December 01, 2008

Update on Patrick

Matt tried on Patrick yesterday, and it's not a good fit. It's a head slapper for me, as I KNEW the sleeves were big. (Note to self, if the pattern has you make the sleeves the same width for all sizes, they're going to be too big).

The pattern has 19" wide sleeves, for a size 40" up to the 52". It's simply too much fabric for Matt under the arms. Especially with the bulkiness of the yarn.

Matt meets Patrick
click to enlarge

So while I think he likes it, it's not comfortable or flattering. Yes, the color seems to be fine, and he loves the softness of the yarn.

Patrick meets Matt
click to enlarge

So I have two options: find an other home for Patrick or rip the sleeves back and take about 2" out of the width (which means each sleeve will have to be ripped back about halfway). I'm leaning towards the second. Just not right now. I think this will stew on the side for a bit then I'll tackle it... or wait for the next Olympics and do an other "fix it" thing?

Either way, I'm beating myself up. The sweater was a lot of work, and I ignored the warning bells in my head about the sleeves (actually, I think I had made the sleeve depth shorter, but forgot when I got to the sleeves). So there's only one thing to do today:

Cast on something new!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.