Thursday, April 03, 2008

Two Weeks to Knit

So I have two projects that I would love to finish within the next two weeks. As I know once I have my PS3 (with the latest Ratchet & Clank game of course), my life will focused on that.

Mr Greenjeans is extremely close.

Mr. Greenjeans in Visions
click to enlarge

One sleeve done, the second sleeve is at the cuff and the body is about halfway thru the ribbing. I have to say that I've been very pleased with the Visions yarn. It's a very subtle striping (so subtle that when I tried to use it for Sonnet, it got lost). I did have to do the math for a different gauge, but this is going to be a lovely little cardigan when done. It doesn't photograph real well and I spent a lot of time in Photoshop trying to color correct it. Let's just say that it's prettier in person!

I'm still plugging away on the Cables & Ribs Cardigan. I have to admit that I'm not in love with my yarn choice. Not that there's anything wrong with the yarn (it's quite nice to knit with), but it's not going to block well at all.

Cables & Ribs Cardigan
click to enlarge


I went ahead and blocked the back already, and as expected, it only blocked a little. There's a bit of a difference, but not much. It's fine for what I wanted, but I will definitely knit this again (and maybe again). I love the stitch pattern so I know I won't mind knitting it again. In a blocking friendly yarn.

However, spring fever has hit. I'm ready to switch over to some of my lighter weight projects (and why Patrick is still sort of being ignored). Plus I ordered some yarn from Knitpicks. I got one of the new colors of Cotlin. Yum! and the new Comfy (of course I've got to try the cotton/acrylic blend!) The Comfy is very soft with a sheen to it. I will say that it's on the lower end of it's gauge range. I would consider it a true worsted weight yarn. It's very soft. It would be perfect for baby items, that's for sure. We'll see how it pills..

Okay, must focus and get at least one of those sweaters done... for next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.