Monday, November 26, 2007

Little Lambs and Mermaid

Even with my complete focus on Bioshock (on second playthru to try to get a few more acheivements), I'm still getting some knitting done.

The body of my Mermaid is DONE! Even the icky attached I-cord bind off (not my favorite thing to do). I decided to take a little break from it before I cast on the sleeves, plus I have some small things to make.

Including a couple of baby sweaters. Thanks to Rosie, the first baby sweater will be done today. She had recommended "Precious Layettes to Knit" (a Leisure Arts booklet) and the Little Lamb sweater from it, and it is a fast and easy knit.

Little Lamb in Bernat Satin
click to enlarge


What's funny is that this is exactly the same pattern I used for my vet's quads a couple of years ago. Apart from gauge, and the addition of the stitch pattern around the bottom of the sweater, the directions are the same. Hmmm, sounds a bit like a copyright issue to me...

Baby Sweaters for Quads
click to enlarge


I will say that I sort of prefer the lighter weight version. The Little Lamb pattern does go quickly at 4 sts to 1", but there is something about the dk version that seems more baby friendly.

So I want to get the baby sweater done today while I shoot for the last three acheivements that I can get with Bioshock (there are actually two more after that to get... one is finishing the game on hard and the last one is still a mystery).

1 comment:

  1. YAY on Mermaid! The pink baby sweater is cute but it does look very similar to the white sweaters. Your vet had quads?! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.