Thursday, October 18, 2007

Seafoam and Mermaids

Cindy Must Knit This Cardigan first front
click to enlarge

I'm still plugging along on the Must Have Cardigan. I've ripped back that section twice now, but the third time seems to be a charm. The color is not accurate (let me say that again: that color is not accurate). It's a foggy/dreary morning, and it's getting to be that time of year that morning photographs are difficult due to the later sunrise. So I spent some time in Photoshop trying to get it close. However, I can only do so much. I also think the Black Water Abbey yarns must be seen in person to really understand how lovely the colors are. (Theresa bought some of the Old Purple, and it's definitely a "see it in person" to get the full effect of the depth of the color).

Did you guess which project I pulled out of the UFO closets to work on?
Mermaid
click to enlarge

I've tried this on the last two years at Stitches. I've had the kit for like 3. I need to get this project done. A: I love the jacket (and trying it on is very inspiring... plus I know it'll fit) and B: Matt bought me the kit as an anniversary gift. Matt doesn't buy me yarn (no more than I buy him tires for his bike). He picked out the color and everything. So how can I not try to finish it???

I'm feeling a bit under the weather... either a nasty head cold or allergies, so I'm hunkering into my knitting nest and knitting today (and maybe look for the skulls in Halo 3). I also think a nap is on the agenda (a good indication that it's not allergies... I can't seem to get enough sleep right now).

Off to put the kettle on and finish up that first gusset on Mermaid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.