Friday, September 21, 2007

Quick... Someone Knit Satan a Sweater...

As I think it's getting cold in hell.
Basketweave Ribbed Socks
click to enlarge

Yep, not only did I finish a project, but they're socks!!! Woo-hoo, now I can buy 10 more skeins of sock yarn, right?

Project Info:
Pattern: Basketweave Ribbed Socks
Yarn: Fearless Fiber Superwash Merino Sock Yarn (thoroughbred colorway)
Changes to the pattern: not much, actually. The pattern is written for 2 circs, and I've discovered I really prefer doing the 5 DPN thing. More comfortable for me. I also never use slip stitches on the sides of my heel flap. Yes, it does make picking up those stitches easier, however, it contributes to that loose stitch at the join. I like to keep mine as minimal as possible:

Basketweave Sock join detail
click to enlarge

I also do a make 1 in that corner, and I try not to stretch it out.

Overall Impressions: Great pattern and great yarn. The basketweave rib is comfortable to wear, was interesting to knit and shows off Deb's beautiful dyed yarn. So let's give this project a thumbs up. Don't know how much wear they'll actually get (I find I don't wear my hand knit socks except to knitting events).

Now... which socks to cast on next. I can't leave those needles empty you know!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a FO! It'll be getting cooler next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You must be excited to have another project done.

    How is the mood in PA? I'm so sad about FL...I hope his family are OK.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.