I've started the neckline decreases for the Not So High Neck Cabled Tank (Interweave Knits Summer 2004) and I'm sort of making it up as I go.
I'm not real fond of sleeveless turtlenecks, so I thought it would work well as a V neck. I probably should've finished the back so I had a better idea of where I wanted to do the neck decreases.
I want the center cable to flow along the edge of the V neck, but I think I should've used the second cable rather than the center. I think it would have a better impact. So even as I type this, I think I'm going to frog it back and change where I'm doing my decreases.
Here's where I'm currently doing my decreases:
And this is where I think I'm going to change it:
Okay, so that might not be real clear as to what I'm going to do, but I just think the cables will flow nicer and I'll have a better neckline shape with the double lines flowing up the neck rather than just one.
I only have a few rows to pull back, but I think now's the time to do it rather than wait to see if what I started is going to work. I know I'll like it better the other way...
That's the plan for today, unless I get sidetracked by something (which is always a good possibility)