Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Changing Patterns on the Fly

I've started the neckline decreases for the Not So High Neck Cabled Tank (Interweave Knits Summer 2004) and I'm sort of making it up as I go.

I'm not real fond of sleeveless turtlenecks, so I thought it would work well as a V neck. I probably should've finished the back so I had a better idea of where I wanted to do the neck decreases.

I want the center cable to flow along the edge of the V neck, but I think I should've used the second cable rather than the center. I think it would have a better impact. So even as I type this, I think I'm going to frog it back and change where I'm doing my decreases.

Here's where I'm currently doing my decreases:

And this is where I think I'm going to change it:

Okay, so that might not be real clear as to what I'm going to do, but I just think the cables will flow nicer and I'll have a better neckline shape with the double lines flowing up the neck rather than just one.

I only have a few rows to pull back, but I think now's the time to do it rather than wait to see if what I started is going to work. I know I'll like it better the other way...

That's the plan for today, unless I get sidetracked by something (which is always a good possibility)

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.