Monday, April 03, 2006

Entrelac Obsession

I love doing entrelac. The Kureyon yarn is delightful to work in entrelac and I'm still addicted to it.

I started a little satchel style bag to teach our SnB group how to do entrelac. So I did 2 basic pieces (both are done) while writing up a step by step pattern. Today I'll play with how to close up the bag... I'm leaning towards an I-cord binding? (sorry the picture isn't very clear... it's very gray out this morning).

I also restarted my Petticoat Jaywalker socks. I used size 2 resin needles for my first attempt and they were coming out HUGE! So back to bamboo size 2's.
Much much better. I do enjoy knitting this sock. I'm hoping that by not tugging the yarn between needles, the increases won't be quite as snug and give the sock a little more flexibility? We'll see. My Sweet Tart Jaywalkers are fine to wear, once they're on, but they are a little tough to get on. I'm also not sure if I'll do the afterthought heel on these. The Petticoat is stripey, but I think a heel flap will be fine with them. I'll make that decision when I get to the heel.

Well, today is a dark dreary Monday, with an hour lost yesterday. However, Baseball Season is underway (yay!!!) and there's a bunch of day games on today (yay!). Sounds like a knitter's dream: baseball, knitting then Stitch n Bitch tonight!!!

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    The vest looks great! I'm sorry I'll miss seeing it in person tonight. I can't wait to learn entrelac from you!
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy Oh Boy are we lucky...Looking forward to to taking your class. :-)See you tonight

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.