Thursday, March 02, 2006

All Knitting, All The Time


I finished the back of Garnet yesterday, then I thought I would just cast on the front to see how the lace panel worked up.

I think it works up very well. Very well indeed.

I do see a problem with it... it's a bit more open than I expected. I'm going to have to wear something underneath it. I think my bright white bra peeking out from under the lace won't be very attractive, so I think I'll get (or make) a little flesh colored camisole for under it.

This is the first time I've knit a Elsebeth Lavold design. I've heard that her directions can be vague, but I'm finding this a very easy knit. Oh, and fast... surprisingly fast.

The only other thing that's weird for me is the gauge. I'm used to tight gauge. I like a firm fabric and since I do mostly textured/cable knitting, that's what I shoot for. This gauge is very loose (and nice and drapey, I might add) so it feels too loose to me while I'm knitting it. However, the back looks great and the measurements are good, so it's purely a psychological thing on my part.

Today is just a continuation of the same two knitting projects.

I am in game limbo right now. I've played both the good and evil story lines of Darkwatch (not much difference at all) and I started playing Jak and Dexter, but didn't enjoy it at all (tried to hard to be annoying funny and the game play wasn't a lot of fun). Oh well, just gives me more time to knit...

Happy Knitting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.