Sunday, April 19, 2009

The lace obsession...

I've really been enjoying the simple lace projects I've been doing... however, the drawback is usage on shawls (which is low). What I really need is an other green cardigan.


So I cast on Bee Balm by Fiona Ellis (from the Nashua booklet "Style: Lace and Eyelets".

This pattern should be called "Cindy's Must Cast This On NOW!", as it's got all those lovely little things I so love. It's a cardigan. The pattern is photographed in a lovely shade of green (never hurts). It's got pretty lace. It's got cables. It's feminine, yet not frou frou-ish. It's a MUST KNIT!

The yarn was a birthday splurge (ran into Ann at AC Moore and she had an extra 25% off total coupon... much better than 50% off one item coupon I had). The yarn is Spa by NatuallyCaron.com. Beautiful sheen, drape and colors. I decided on "ocean spray", and remembered this pattern when I got home.

So I cast on a sleeve (aka: my swatch) and I'm very happy with it. Maybe I'll even stay concentrated on it and get it done (would help if I wasn't spending 12 hours a day playing Fallout 3).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.