Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Answer is Grey Berber

The question that's been asked? Just what color is the rug in my yarn stash room. We had forgotten. It's been stacked with bags of yarn for so long.

No longer! I spent yesterday moving out some old furniture, getting rid of some old clothes (which I don't want to hang onto anyway... I don't want to be that size again) and putting up some new storage shelves. (I like the wire crates that interlock). I no longer have yarn in huge bags all over the floor. Everything now fits into the shelves, and I have better storage for my finished sweaters.

I tried to organize the stash a bit.. mostly the same yarn is all together (ie: the Cotton Ease, the Cotton Plus, the Cara Mia, the Cascade 220... all the yarn that I "collect"). I think Phase II will be to try to log it into Ravelry. It's nice to have a database of how much I have of a yarn. I'm pretty good at knowing "what" I have, but not always "how much".

Phase III will be the WIP/UFO closet. Again there's things in that closet that I will never finish, or they need to be restarted for sizing purposes (did I mention that I started Matt's Salt Lake City to be a 48"? ya, we're all still laughing about that here).

As far as actual knitting goes, I only worked a little on my Mermaid yesterday (I was absolutely exhausted with the yarn room clean up). I'm procrastinating on the Surplice Lace top. I'm done with my left side short rows... and I "think" it's going to work (I never pull my wraps tight enough when I do short rows tho). I need to get the right side done to make sure they match. I took notes, but they never make sense if too much time has passed.

I will also say I have a back up plan if this top doesn't work. I'll convert it to a simple cardigan. That's why I only have one lace panel done and I'm doing the fronts. I should be able to hold it up to me to see if I'm going to like it. If I don't, I'll use the lace panel as the back and just split the front to make a cardy.

Should be a productive knitting day: laundry day and day baseball games. What more could a girl ask for???? apart from maid service?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.